Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Photography show

My favorite pieces of the show were those done by Casey Waters. I was very interested in the daguerreotypes, especially the process in which they were created. The first thing I thought was, "Wow, how did they do that??"

"Description: The daguerreotype image is formed directly on a silver plated copper plate which was made light sensitive with a surface coating of iodine vapors. It is a direct-positive process, made without a negative. It has a highly reflective surface that sometimes makes it difficult to see the image. (Source: http://www.loc.gov/rr/print/coll/589_daguerre.html)"

It was a really neat effect, and it makes me wish I had the materials to try it myself. The size was nice too, you had to get up close and personal, and stand at the right angle to see the image. Overall, those images sparked my interest the most. I thought they were presented very well.


No comments:

Post a Comment