Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Final two?

Well at my last track meet, I pulled my hamstring in the hurdles, so I'll be out a week or so. This gave me a lot of time to finish up my pieces on screen and get them printed.

First off, is this piece. If you saw any of my work last semester, this is a continuation of one of those pieces. However, I feel that this may be the weakest out of the five I have done.



Lastly, is this one. It is of the Hindu goddess, Shiva. Shiva is often referred to as the "lord of destruction," But the type of destruction she does is good. She is the destroyer of evil. You can see her holding many different art supplies, going along with the "ART IS POWER" theme I had earlier in the semester. This one is going to be a pain to cut out. I think I may try to re-work the hands and arms a little bit though. This is done in the same style as the Eagle piece I did earlier.

2 comments:

  1. I like the Shiva one just wish I knew what she was holding in the hand under the paint brush its the one art supply that is lacking in noticeably compared to the other ones.
    The guy holding the flag is lacking something compared to the others. Have you thought about not making him so big and adding something else. Because although your other ones are big figures like him you always had something to go with them like lady liberty and the reaper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Denise - In that hand is one of those huge, fat-tipped markers, many graffiti artists use them to hand-draw things on the streets. I do agree with what you say about the flag guy... he needs the most work. Like I said, its based off a version I did last semester... I'll keep working on that.

    ReplyDelete