Monday, August 30, 2010

I'm stuck.

Okay, I know what I want to do, but I'm not sure how I want to go about it... I want to do stencils (I just realized that that term sounds, er... elementary), but I'm not quite sure how I can incorporate the "computer art" aspect of it. Computer design is definitely involved, because that's where the stencils are made before they are cut out. But when I think of computer art, I think of digital prints... Since this IS a computer art class, I need to figure out how I can mesh the two together... maybe mixed media? Stencils on top of a digital print? Any ideas?

3 comments:

  1. I mentioned the idea of incorporating the mixed media. I think, ultimately that would be the best approach for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could make yourself feel better and call a stencil a prefabricated art template or PAT. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could also take what you have stenciled and scan it in to the computer (if they arent too big) then manipulate and add things to them in photoshop.

    ReplyDelete