Monday, August 30, 2010

You never know...

You never know where some of your artwork will end up...
Last semester in my 3D class, I made a life size replica of me, running over a hurdle, completely out of coat hangers. It was a final project, and far too big and bulky for me to take with me at the end of the year. So I just left it for anyone to do what they want with it. I expected it to go in the trash, but it turns out, a former AU graduate and now art teacher at Edison Elementary School, took the piece, and now has it on display there. Or so I heard, he took half of it.

He took the wire replica of me, and left the hurdle, and I guess it's hanging on a wall somewhere sitting in a La-Z-boy recliner. I (and when I say I, I'm referring to the life-size replica of me made out of coat hangers) went from being an agile athlete to being a bum in a recliner. And I thank that's awesome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment