Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Wine label design

A random thing you guys may not know about me, is that I make my own wine in my spare time... I know it is completely unrelated to what I study in school, or anything I do for that matter... but I enjoy it so much, that I actually want to open my own vineyard some day... Yeah, true story. Well this past November, I finished 30 bottles of Strawberry White Zinfandel... I wont go into all of the technical stuff but the grapes were imported from Colombia. I fermented it, bottled it, finished it, and now it is aging... it took about 50 days from start to finish, but like I said, I finished in November... Yes, it's that serious.



I like all of my wine to look pretty, so, of course, I had to make a label for it. Here is what this one ended up looking like...

Yep, so I just thought I'd post some things I've worked on outside of class...

Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

  1. That's pretty awesome. That sounds like something I'd like to buy. How long is the aging process? Good luck with your plans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave, this particular one, as well as most that I have done, are ready to drink immediately after bottling. However, as with all wines, they "get better with age."

    I have a few other people on campus who are interested in a bottle... If you would like one, we can speak outside of class :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! It's nice to have multiple talents =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an amazing logo for you wine very cool idea. It kind of reminds me of like the shows csi and dexter all rolled in one. Sounds like an amazing wine good luck mike!! I also agree with katie

    ReplyDelete